- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Sunrise to Sunset
Indian River Park
|Phone: 757-382-6411||Fax: 757-277-9365||Email: ContactPRT@cityofchesapeake.net|
|Address: SE Side - 2003 Rokeby Avenue; NW Side - 1709 Rokeby Avenue, Chesapeake, VA 23320|
CURRENT STATUS OF PARK AND RECREATION AMENITIES
Outdoor park amenities including City Dog Parks, the Skate Park at Chesapeake City Park, Basketball courts, Outdoor Fitness Equipment, Outdoor Restrooms, Destination Playground, Fun Forest, and the Campground at Northwest River Park are closed until further notice. Athletic fields are closed to group practices and games but open for individual use. Tennis courts, outdoor Pickleball courts, and neighborhood playgrounds are open. Parks and trails remain open to unorganized recreation. If you have questions, please call 757-382-6411 during office hours Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NW side Park Amenities:
- Address: 1709 Rokeby Avenue
- Basketball Courts
- Picnic Shelters with grill
- Rokeby Senior Center
- Trails (walking, hiking or biking)
SE side Park Amenities:
- Address: 2003 Rokeby Avenue
- Bike Trail with changes in elevation for mountain bikers
- Rain Garden
- Trails, +/- 3.5 walking/hiking and ¼ mile of "Virginia Tree Trail" nature trail, with labeled tree species.
View the City's rentable facilities and park amenities: