Here are some suggested activities for health and wellness.
Participate in community service:
- Pick up trash in your neighborhood, in a park, a trail, or alongside a roadway while maintaining a safe distance away from any roads.
Go outside if the weather is nice:
- Pack a lunch, some folding chairs or a blanket, and have a picnic.
- Ride your bike.
- Exercise outdoors - try yoga, stretching or running short sprints.
- Go for a walk or a hike. Take your kids and/or your dog (remember to follow leash laws).
- Go fishing (fishing license needed except for at Elizabeth River Park pier).
- Go for a paddle in your kayak or canoe.
- Take the kids on a field trip and go bird watching or look for other wildlife.
- Learn about native plants and trees along one of the City's trails.
- Create your own scavenger hunt.
- Pull out some arts and crafts and practice painting outside or "plein air."
- Decorate your sidewalks with colored chalk.
- Visit one of our many parks in the city. Check them out here!
Get fit at a community center:
- Sign up for a very affordable yearly membership at one of our Community Centers. All community centers include a fitness room and locker rooms, and other amenities.
Take a class for exercise or just for fun: