- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
I Want To
- Apply for SNAP (Food Assistance)
- Apply for TANF
- Apply for Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Apply for Child Care Assistance
- Apply for Energy Assistance (Heating/Cooling)
- Report Suspected Adult Abuse/Neglect
- Report Suspected Child Abuse/Neglect
- Get Child Support Information
- Get Housing Information
- Get Information on Social Security
- Get Information on Virginia Employment Commission
- Find Resources
Jobs Work! Center
The Jobs Work! Center will assist individuals and families to choose to become interdependent and empowered contributors to the City of Chesapeake. Our strategy is supported by private and public partners and is one which values the potential and possibilities of our customers.
Services provided by the Jobs Work! Center:
- The Virginia Initiative for Employment not Welfare (VIEW) program provides job readiness, job search and job development/placement services. Most residents who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) are mandated to enroll in VIEW. Non-mandatory recipients can volunteer to participate.
- SNAP Employment and Training (SNAPET) Program provides training, education, job search assistance and work experience opportunities for SNAP recipients. SNAPET emphasizes personal responsibility and work and strives to help participants achieve self-sufficiency.
- Intensive Case Management Services (ICM) provides assistance with employment, training and supportive services to customers with long term welfare dependency and significant barriers to self sufficiency.