- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
The Virginia Department of Emergency Management has a great resource to help understand when to evacuate during a storm. Download the information to learn more evacuation plans.
- REPORTING STORM DAMAGE: Residents and businesses should report storm damage to the City as soon as possible, for inclusion in Chesapeake’s reporting to FEMA. Details Report online: bit.ly/CitizenRequestTool or call 757-382-2489.
- WAZE App: While we can't guarantee it's current at all times, we are using technology to continually update the WAZE app as closures reports are coming in. Download the WAZE app or view the live map here.
- TRASH/BULK/RECYCLING: Cancelled for Friday, Sept 6. Friday collection will be performed on Saturday, Sept 7. More details
- TOLLS: Tolls on the Dominion Blvd Veterans Bridge will resume at 8 p.m. Friday, Sept 6. Tolls on NORTHBOUND Chesapeake Expressway will resume at 6 a.m, Saturday, Sept 7. Tolls on SOUTHBOUND Chesapeake Expressway will resume at 10 p.m. on Sunday, Sept 8.
Trash, Bulk Pickup and Recycling: Cancelled for Friday, Sept 6. Details
Power, Gas, Water
To report natural gas leaks, odors or emergencies (for inside or outside), call 911 and contact Virginia Natural Gas VirginiaNaturalGas.com, 1-877-572-3342. If the gas leak is inside, go outside immediately and call 911.
For water or sewer emergencies, Chesapeake Public Utilities Water & Sewer: 757-382-3550.