- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
I Want To
The General Registrar's office: Registers all eligible citizens to vote • Conducts all federal, state, municipal elections and primaries under the guidance of the Electoral Board in accordance with Federal and State laws • Maintains accurate registration and election records • Coordinates the filing of local candidates (City Council, School Board, Constitutional Offices, and Director of Soil and Water Conservation)
Are You Ready To Vote!
Did you know that you can……..Register to vote, access your Virginia voter record to update your registration, apply to vote absentee, and view your polling place, election district, absentee ballot status and voting history, all in one place ? Log on to the Virginia Voter Information Citizen Portal.
If you require in-person assistance, please call 757-277-9797 for further instructions.
Who is eligible to register to vote in Virginia?
- A citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years of age by the next general election
- A resident of Virginia
- If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored
- If you need to have your rights restored, visit the Virginia Secretary of the Commonwealth website for more information
- Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law