- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Chesapeake Precinct Changes
- Precinct Changes - 2019
- Changes approved temporarily by Department of Elections August 29, 2019 for the November 5, 2019 General Election, permanent change to be proposed to City Council for approval after the November 5, 2019 General Election.
- Relocated the polling place for the current Churchland Precinct (0004) from Western Branch Primary School to New Creation United Methodist Church – Aldersgate Campus located at 4320 Bruce Road, Chesapeake, Virginia 23321.
- Relocated the polling place for the current Waterway II Precinct (0065) from Greenbrier Middle School to Resurrection Evangelical Lutheran Church located at 916 Centerville Turnpike, North, Chesapeake, Virginia 23320.
- Relocated the polling place for the current B. M. Williams Precinct (0015) from Parkway Christian Center to Greenbrier Middle School located at 1016 Greenbrier Parkway, Chesapeake, Virginia 23320.
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia’s recent decision mandates these House district changes.
- 2019 Voting Precinct Reorganization Project Information (Video/Slideshow)
- Precinct Changes for January 2019
- To change the metes and bounds description of the Waterway (0049) Precinct, and to create a new precinct, the Waterway II (0065) Precinct.
- To change the metes and bounds descriptions of the Camelot (0003) Precinct and the St. Julians (0025) Precincts.
- To change the metes and bounds descriptions of the Greenbrier (0007) Precinct, the Hickory Middle School (0034) Precinct, the Great Bridge Baptist Church (0036) Precinct, the Bridgetown (0037) Precinct, the Pleasant Crossing (0043) Precinct, and the Centerville (0061) Precinct.
- To abolish the Green Sea (0047) Precinct, and to change the metes and bounds descriptions of the Bells Mill (0009) Precinct, the Grassfield (0014) Precinct, the Lake Drummond (0039) Precinct, and the Shipyard Road (0052) Precinct.
- To abolish the River Birch (0040) Precinct, and to change the metes and bounds descriptions of the B. M. Williams (0015) Precinct, the Parkways (0042) Precinct, the Fairways (0053) Precinct, the Green Tree (0056) Precinct, and the Cypress (0057) Precinct.
- To change the metes and bounds description of the Deep Creek (0006) Precinct, and to create a new precinct, the Deep Creek II (0064) Precinct.
- To change the metes and bounds descriptions of the Churchland (0004) Precinct, the E. W. Chittum (0020) Precinct, the Silverwood (0027) Precinct, and the Bailey Creek (0038) Precinct.
- Precinct Changes for January 2019
- Precinct Changes - 2018
Precinct Changes for September 2018 – Relocation of Georgetown Precinct (0012), E.W. Chittum (0020), Shipyard Road Precinct (0052), Fairways Precinct (0053), and Expressway Precinct (0058)
The polling place for the Georgetown Precinct (0012) has been relocated from Indian River Middle School to Indian River Community Center located at 2250 Old Greenbrier Road
The polling place for the E. W. Chittum Precinct (0020) has been relocated from E. W. Chittum Elementary School to Alexander Baptist Church located at 4316 Pamela Court
The polling place for the Shipyard Road Precinct (0052) has been relocated from Deep Creek Central Elementary School to Grassfield Baptist Church located at 1772 Cedar Road
The polling place for the Fairways Precinct (0053) has been relocated from Greenbrier Church to First Norfolk Church located at 1516 Volvo Parkway
The polling place for the Expressway Precinct (0058) has been relocated from River Oak Church to Mount Olive Baptist Church located at 662 Fernwood Farms Road
- Precinct Changes - 2016 – Relocation of BM Williams Precinct (0015), Bailey Creek Precinct (0038), Green Sea Precinct (0047) and Green Tree Precinct (0056)
- New Congressional Districts - Effective February 2016
- Due to changes in the Virginia Congressional District lines, 32 of our Chesapeake Voting Precincts now are in the 3rd Congressional District
- Precinct Change - 2013
- The John T. West precinct (0041) has been relocated from Hugo Owens Middle School to New Light Church located at 2418 Cedar Road.
- Precinct changes due to 2011 Decennial Redistricting will be in effect for the November 2011 Election.
- Chesapeake City Precinct Map
- Interactive Precinct Application
If you have moved, changed your address or are unsure of your voting precinct, you can check your status online or call the Voter Registrar's office at 757-277-9797 for more information.