- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
Absentee Voting for Military Personnel, Their Families & Other Overseas Voters
In order to apply for an Absentee Ballot you must be registered to vote in the City of Chesapeake.
Absent active duty Military residing overseas and their dependents residing with them can use the Federal Post Card Application.
Virginia voters residing overseas and dependents residing with them can use the Federal Post Card Application.
A single FPCA (form76) filed at any time during the calendar year will allow the following voters to receive ballots for all elections in which they are eligible to vote:
- Member of a UNIFORMED SERVICE OF THE UNITED STATES, as Defined in 42 U. S. C. §1973ff-6(7), on active duty
- Member of the MERCHANT MARINES OF THE UNITED STATES
- Citizen temporarily residing outside the continental United States
- Spouse or dependent residing with anyone in category A. B. or C.
Non UOCAVA voters (not A, B, C, or D) registered in Chesapeake must complete a separate Absentee Ballot Application for each election. On the Virginia Absentee Ballot Application (more details) Part A – D must be completed. Part E is completed only if the voter cannot sign or write due to reasons stated in Part C.
Applications cannot be processed if they are not complete and signed.