- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
In-Person Absentee Voting or Early Voting
In-Person Absentee or Early Voting
Starting 45 days before Election Day, visit your local registrar’s office or a satellite voting location in the city to vote early.
You do not have to have a reason or fill out an application to vote early.
At the registrar’s office or satellite voting location, you must provide your name and address and show an acceptable form of ID or sign an ID Confirmation Statement. View a complete list of acceptable IDs.
Accessible equipment and/or curbside voting is available upon request. Before visiting your local registrar’s office, you may wish to check your registration status or contact the registrar’s office at 757-277-9797.
Remember, the Saturday before Election Day is the last day to vote early.
In- Person Absentee or Early Voting Locations
In-Person Early Voting for November 2, 2021 General Election will be available at the following locations:
September 17 - October 30 (Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Saturday, October 23 & October 30, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.):
- Central Library -298 Cedar Road
- Dr. Clarence Cuffee Community Center - 2019 Windy Road
- Greenbrier Library - 1214 Volvo Parkway
- Indian River Library, -v2320 Old Greenbrier Road
- Major Hillard Library - 824 Old George Washington Highway
- Russell Memorial Library - 2808 Taylor Road
The General Registrar's Office located at 411 Cedar Road:
- Monday to Friday, September 17 - October 30, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 23 & October 30, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, October 3, 12 p.m.. to 4 p.m.
All Early Voting locations will be closed Monday, October 11 in observance of Columbus Day