- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Treasurer's Payment Center
ONLINE PAYMENT EXCEPTIONS
DO NOT MAKE AN E-CHECK PAYMENT if any of the following apply to you:
- your vehicle is booted
- a Warrant in Debt has been issued
- a DMV hold has been placed
- a Distress Warrant has been issued
- a lien has been issued to your employer
CONTACT THE TREASURER'S OFFICE before you attempt any of the following.
- Make a payment arrangement
- Make a payment on a delinquent bill
- Pay a bill in full.
ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Online check payment is a free service provided by the City Treasurer.
- Penalties, interest fee, late fees and collection-related fees are not reflected in the e-Check System
- Pay Personal Property taxes, Real Estate taxes, Invoices, Parking Tickets, Delinquent Solid Waste fees & Stormwater fees
- For registration information visit our Online Payment FAQ & Help Center, call our office at 382-6281, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- A convenience fee is added to all credit card transactions. Learn more about our convenience fees.
- Pay Personal Property taxes, Real Estate taxes, Stormwater fees, Parking Tickets, Invoices, Delinquent Solid Waste fees, Delinquent Library Fines, Cost Participation, & Emergency Medical Services (EMS) bills
- For more information visit our Credit Card Payment Help & FAQ's page, call our office at 757-382-6281, or email us at email@example.com.
The bill number you use for a Real Estate taxes e-Check payment is different than the bill number you would use for a credit card payment. Please refer to your bill for instructions on how to find the proper bill number to use with each payment method.
For instructions on how to locate your bill number, visit our help page. There you will find links to sample bills under "Listing of Bills."
Once payment is made via Official Payments, call the Treasurer's Office at 757-382-6281 with the payment confirmation number in order to have the collection action(s) released.
The fee for Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes is 2.4%. Read our credit card guidelines for a schedule of non-tax convenience fees. A 2.2% convenience fee is charged on all card transactions made at any Treasurer's office locations.
Enter your parking ticket number and zip code to look up and pay tickets online.
Once you enroll, you will have immediate access to all of your tax bills.
Use of Limited Transaction per Month Accounts (i.e. Money Market Accounts)
Ensure that you are not using a limited transaction account (i.e. money market with a six-transaction per month limit). Consult with your financial institution before using a limited transaction per month account. Each bill payment will be considered a separate ACH transaction; therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure that transaction limits are not exceeded. Additional fees may be assessed by the City if payments are declined by your financial institution due to exceeding these limits.
Credit Union Accounts
Please verify with your financial institution that you are using the correct account number for electronic check payments. Sometimes the account number on your check is different than the one needed for electronic check processing. Additional fees may be assessed by the City if payments are returned due to account number errors.
Schedule a payment plan by first saving a payment method (ACH routing transit number and account number).
Check Your Payment Date
Scheduling your payment with the wrong date (specifically the year) does not alleviate penalty, interest, nor late fees. It is your responsibility to ensure that the payment is scheduled for the correct date.