- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Waste Management Division
The Waste Management Division of the Public Works Department provides refuse collection once every week for over 60,000 residences in Chesapeake. Over 100,000 tons of refuse is collected annually. The City's Solid Waste is transported to the Southeastern Public Service Authority (SPSA) transfer located on Greenbrier Parkway, or the regional Refuse Derived Fuel Facility located in Portsmouth (SPSA facility locations). For waste collection information and services, call your Chesapeake Customer Contact Center at 382-CITY (2489). Chesapeake residents may dispose of residential solid waste at SPSA facilities.
- Rules on Waste Disposal
- Bulk Waste
- Recycling Services
- When is my garbage collection day?
- Sign up for weekly collection day reminders
- Refuse Containers: Request New/Report Damaged
- Report Missed Trash Collection
- Hazardous Materials
- Holiday Schedule
- Holiday recycling and tree disposal
- Garbage drop off sites
- Tips for a Clean Chesapeake
- Waste Collection Brochure