- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Deep Creek AIW Bridge (Moses Grandy Trail)
- Located on U.S. Route 17 Business
- Crosses the Dismal Swamp Canal
- Single bascule span, two lane bridge operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Constructed in 1934
Bridge Schedule: Bridge is unmanned and opens in conjunction with the Deep Creek Locks. Opens at
- 8:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m.
Daily Vehicle Traffic: 27,000
Height (At Mean Water): 4 feet
- 20 Tons/40,000 lbs (Single Units)
- 29 Tons/58,000 lbs (Semi-Trailers)
- 39 Tons/78,000lbs (Truck and Full Trailer)