- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Johnstown Road Widening
This project will add a center lane on Johnstown Road from Hanbury Road to Waters Road. A traffic study concluded that no additional left-turn lanes are required at the intersection of Hanbury Road and Johnstown Road. A citizen information meeting was held in Spring 2021.
- Project Design Start: March 2019
- Projected Design Completion: Fall 2022
- Project Budget: $1.5 million
PURPOSE OF PROJECT
The Johnstown Road corridor from Hanbury Road to Saddleback Trail Road is a minor arterial two-lane roadway with a non-uniform roadway section. Site development over the years has created a mixture of lane widths, turn bays, shoulder treatments, and driveways. Pedestrian access is intermittent throughout the corridor.
The purpose of this project is to widen sections of the roadway to add a center two-way left turn lane along Johnstown Road from Greenway Drive to Waters Road, and to add a dedicated northbound left-turn bay on Johnstown Road at the Waters Road signalized intersection.
New sidewalk connections (west side), pavement markings and drainage improvements along the corridor will be included. The traffic signal at the intersection of Johnstown Road and Waters Road will be modified for the new lane configuration.
- Project limits are along Johnstown Road from the Hanbury Road intersection to the Saddleback Trail Road intersection.
- Roadway improvements include the widening along the west side of Johnstown Road between Greenway Drive and Country Trail Road to accommodate the new center two-way left turn lane traffic operations. Roadway improvements also include the widening along the west side of Johnstown Road between Waters Road and Saddleback Trail Road to accommodate the new northbound dedicated left turn bay.
- Sidewalk improvements include the additional of sidewalk along the west side of Johnstown Road from Hanbury Road to Country Trail Road.
- The existing signal at the intersection of Johnstown Road and Waters Road will be modified to accommodate the new northbound dedicated left turn bay. The existing crosswalks will be maintained.
- Storm drainage improvements include new closed storm pipe systems along the widened sections of roadway. The new systems will connect to existing drainage outfalls.
- Signing and pavement marking improvements include the widened Johnstown Road corridor for the new center two-way left turn lane within the project limits.
Click or tap on the diagram image to view in higher resolution.
PROJECT BUDGETThe budget for this project is $1.5 million, which includes engineering, land acquisition and construction costs. Project cost estimates are preliminary and subject to change depending on final design features, inflation, utility relocation and easement acquisition costs.
The road improvements will require some property acquisition for easement purposes. Currently there are five parcels affected by the project.