- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
High Rise Bridge Replacement Project (VDOT)
This project, managed by VDOT, will include the addition of one proposed HOT lane in each direction in the median of the existing I-64, bringing the corridor to six lanes,and a new high-level High Rise Bridge with a fixed span. The City of Chesapeake continues to support VDOT and the project by reviewing plans and issuing permits as needed.
Follow this project via VDOT's project website at www.64highrise.org.
- Project Start: August 2016
- Projected Construction Completion: December 2022
- Project Budget: $600 million