- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Gilmerton Bridge Repairs
Project provides for counterweight track repair work on the Gilmerton Bridge. Additional work includes repairs to the freight elevator door and the bridge skew system. Work will require 26 overnight closures of the bridge, which will be announced once scheduled. Project includes $495,000 in VDOT funding. Re-advertisement is slated for March 2021.
- Project Design Start: July 2020
- Projected Construction Completion: December 2021
- Project Budget: $1.51 million