- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
I Want To
George Washington Hwy. Widening
This project will provide for improvements to George Washington Hwy. (U.S. Route 17) by widening the existing two-lane undivided roadway to a four-lane divided roadway from Yadkin Rd. to Canal Dr. This project will also include improvements at three signalized intersections, new pedestrian facilities, stormwater drainage system, and will address other safety and access management issues along the corridor. A design request for proposal (RFP) is being developed for this project. Project has been awarded Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) Federal grant funding, and VDOT Smart Scale grant funding.
- Project Design Start: September 2020
- Projected Design Completion: To Be Determined
- Project Budget: $27.4 million