- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
I Want To
Freeman Ave. Overpass
This project will provide grade separation of Freeman Ave. at the Norfolk-Portsmouth Beltline Railroad crossing. project includes realignment and re-connection of several local streets near the crossing. 50% of funding is provided by Federal Railroad Administration, with the remaining 50% coming from the City.
A virtual citizen information meeting was launched online in February 2021, available at https://bit.ly/freemanNPBL.
- Project Design Start: August 2021
- Projected Design Completion: December 2023
- Project Budget: $20.3 million