- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Elbow Rd. Widening Phase 2
This project will provide for construction of two 12-foot lanes with 4-foot paved shoulders, as well as stormwater ditch improvements on Elbow Rd. from 3/4-mile east of Centerville Turnpike to the Virginia Beach city border. Right-of-way acquisition will allow future widening of the existing roadway to four lanes. Coordination continues with environmental agencies and approved developments along the corridor. 30% plans were submitted in July 2020.
- Project Start: January 2019
- Projected Completion: Fall 2021
- Project Budget: $20.2 million
CITIZEN INFORMATION MEETING HELD NOV. 21, 2019
Click here to view meeting brochure