- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
22nd St. Bridge
Due to safety reasons, the 22nd Street Bridge was closed to motorists and pedestrians on August 1, 2018. The bridge will remain closed through the duration of the project. The project will replace the existing bridge over the Norfolk Southern Railroad. The new bridge and roadway will include a bicycle lane and sidewalk in both directions.
- Proposed Bridge Alignment
- Project Start: January 2019
- Projected Completion: July 2020
- Funds Appropriated: $19.9 million
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan