- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
I Want To
John St. Area Outfall Improvement Study
This project will improve the stormwater conveyance system, and will consist of the following:
- Replacement of one 36-inch RCP with one 72-inch RCP, and cleaning six 36-inch RCPs under South Hampton Roads Trail (Commonwealth Railway)
- Replacement of one 72-inch RCP with two 84-inch RCPs under Bruce Rd.
- Removal of sediment at the two 72-inch culverts along John St. and regrade ditch located between John St. and Pughsville Rd.
- Project Design Start: Fall 2020
- Projected Design Completion: Summer 2021
- Funds Appropriated: $886,000