- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
I Want To
Cooper's Ditch Re-Grading Phase II
This project will provide for the maintenance regrading of Cooper’s Ditch from the Gloria Dr. bridge to the Forest Rd. bridge. Cooper’s Ditch was excavated as a canal facility in the early 1990s. Over the years, significant amounts of silt and sediment have accumulated along the ditch, particularly close to roadway crossings. This project is needed to maintain the hydraulic capacity needed to serve the Cooper’s Ditch watershed.
- Projected Design Start: November 2020
- Projected Design Completion: October 2021
- Project Budget: $1 million