- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Chesapeake Ave. Area Drainage Improvements
This project, funded from the Neighborhood Drainage Improvement II, will replace, improve and realign the stormwater system along Guerriere St., Chesapeake Ave., Ohio St., Rodgers St., Jefferson St., and Stewart St. in the Quincy neighborhood of South Norfolk. Work will include regrading and improvements to existing channels between Jefferson St. and Park Ave., and between Park Ave. and Holly Ave., the replacement of more than 900 feet of sanitary sewer mains, sanitary manholes and service laterals on Chesapeake Ave., Jackson Ave., and Ohio St. Construction funding to be provided in Fiscal Years 2021 and 2022.
- Project Design Start: January 2019
- Projected Design Completion: November 2021
- Project Budget: $3.6 million