- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Public Works Department
|Phone: 757-382-6101||Fax: 757-382-6310|
Address: 306 Cedar Road, Third Floor, Chesapeake, VA 23322
To report an emergency after hours that requires Public Works' immediate response,
PUBLIC WORKS COVID-19 SERVICE UPDATES
UPDATED 6/1/2020 at 8 a.m.
The City began partial reopening Monday, May 18. Online services remain the safest option. If you must do business in person at a City facility, please call ahead to ensure the service is available. You can call 757-382-2489 or the specific department.
When visiting a City building, you must maintain social distance and you are encouraged to wear a mask. Please do not enter the building if you have a fever or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days. For the added safety and health of our at-risk populations, the hour from 8 to 9 a.m. is reserved for those age 65 and older, and those with a serious health condition. We appreciate the public assistance in self-enforcing this restriction, for everyone’s benefit.
It is still safer at home, so please do all you can to avoid in-person services. Find continued updates on the COVID-19 Information page.
The City of Chesapeake is committed to maintaining critical services for residents while working to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community and protect both residents and City staff alike. Please see the following updates regarding Public Work services. This information will be updated as new information becomes available. Please visit the City of Chesapeake COVID-19 information page for the latest updates regarding COVID-19 and City operations.
- Curbside trash and recycling collection continues on its normal schedule.
- Hauling permits are still being processed and issued.
- The SPSA Greenbrier Transfer Station has returned to normal weekend operating hours. Chesapeake residents may drop off residential household waste and yard waste at the Transfer Station on Saturdays from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Sundays from Noon - 4 p.m., and Mondays from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Residents are now able to request bulk collection of limbs and branches as part of standard bulk waste pickups. Residents must request a bulk pickup by calling 757-382-2489 or using the online request form. No fencing, construction materials or landscaping byproducts will be collected. Residents should place items at the curb for their normal collection day. Residents may also continue to drop off bulk waste at all SPSA Transfer Stations, but should be mindful of hours and restrictions. Visit the Bulk trash page for more information.
- Yard waste will continue to be collected in clear or any other color plastic trash bags until further notice. We ask residents to place as much of their yard waste as possible in these bags and place curbside on their normal scheduled collection days.
- Traffic and roadway maintenance and repair operations remain unimpacted.
- The Chesapeake Expressway has resumed cash and credit card tolling. More information is available at the Chesapeake Expressway website.