- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Public Works Department
|Phone: 757-382-6101||Fax: 757-382-6310|
Address: 306 Cedar Road, Third Floor, Chesapeake, VA 23322
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (except federal holidays)
To report an emergency after hours that requires Public Works' immediate response, please call the non-emergency police line at 382-6161.
The Chesapeake Department of Public Works provides important public services to citizens, residents and travelers. Everyone within the City is somehow affected by Public Works, whether it's traveling on a City roadway, crossing a bridge, disposing of refuse, or using many of the other municipal services. The Department has been accredited by the American Public Works Association since September 2006 and was re-accredited in November 2018.
Some of the basic services offered by Public Works include:
- Waste Collection
- Ditch & Drainage Maintenance
- Street & Highway Maintenance
- Street Lights
- Traffic Engineering and Management
- Bridge Operations
- Adopt a Highway
The Divisions of Public Works
With an annual operating budget of approximately $75 million, the Department of Public Works employs over 450 people, working in eight divisions.
- Bridges and Structures
- The Chesapeake Expressway
- Facilities Design & Construction
- Facilities Maintenance & Repair
- Operations and Maintenance
- Resource Management/Customer Service
- Stormwater Management
- Waste Management
To place a customer service request, please contact the Chesapeake Customer Contact Center at 382-CITY (2489).