- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Public Works Department
|Phone: 757-382-6101||Fax: 757-382-6310|
Address: 306 Cedar Road, Third Floor, Chesapeake, VA 23322
To report an emergency after hours that requires Public Works' immediate response,
PUBLIC WORKS COVID-19 SERVICE UPDATES
The City of Chesapeake is committed to maintaining critical services for residents while working to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community and protect both residents and City staff alike. Please see the following updates regarding Public Work services. This information will be updated as new information becomes available. Please visit the City of Chesapeake COVID-19 information page for the latest updates regarding COVID-19 and City operations.
- Curbside trash and recycling collection continues on its normal schedule.
- The Chesapeake Recycles Day events originally scheduled for April 18 in South Norfolk and May 30 in Hickory have been cancelled.
- Hauling permits are still being processed and issued.
- Residents can now only perform drop-offs at the SPSA Greenbrier Transfer Station Saturdays from 8 a.m. - noon, and Mondays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Effective April 3, 2020, bulk trash collection of tree and yard debris, construction debris and fence material is suspended until further notice. Bulk trash collection of household items remains unchanged, but additional changes may be required in the future based on operational demands. Please monitor City websites and social media for updates.
- Traffic and roadway maintenance and repair operations remain unimpacted.
- The Chesapeake Expressway will temporarily stop accepting cash and credit cards at the toll booths effective Friday, March 27 at noon until further notice. More information is available at the Chesapeake Expressway website.