- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
Cost Participation Program for Unserved Areas
To help address potential health concerns associated with homes in areas not served by public utilities within the Public Utility Franchise Area (PUFA) due to failing septic tanks, challenged wells and other sewer or water problems, City Council established the Cost Participation Program (CPP). The Program provides a uniform approach to bring these services to unserved areas on a cost sharing basis.
The Cost Participation Program process involves three (3) steps:
- A petition signed by 75% of the lot owners in the area seeking utility services
- Review and approval by the City Council
- At least 50%, plus one of the owners pay the required connection fees
Residents seeking to start the process for their neighborhood should contact the office of Public Utilities at 757-382-6352 or by emailing email@example.com.