- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
I Want To
Mission Statement, Goals and Values
Mission StatementThe Chesapeake Public Communications Department's overall mission is to ensure communication between the City and citizens to foster a more productive, mutually beneficial relationship.
- To provide useful information to Chesapeake residents about the City government, Schools and community at large.
- To facilitate citizen input and feedback concerning the programs and policies of the City government to aid in the decision-making processes of the City.
- To encourage citizen involvement and participation in government and community activities.
- To reinforce the city's identity and community pride among Chesapeake's growing population.
- To promote a stronger, positive city image outside Chesapeake among specific target publics that is vital to the community's economic well-being.
- To support the City Council and administration in achieving overall goals and specific community programs.
The success of the Public Communications Department is attributable to the individual department employees and the values they hold for themselves, their profession and others.
- Responding to the needs of Chesapeake citizens is the department's highest priority.
- For democracy to be effective there must be an open, free flowing dialogue between citizens and those who govern.
- Truth, accuracy and candor in all government communications are essential.
- The Public Communications Department is committed to the highest possible level of quality and professionalism in all its undertakings.
- People are more productive and better served in an environment that recognizes the value of human diversity, personal expression, and individual and team achievement.
- It is essential to maintain a work environment that is adaptable to the changing needs of citizens and to the continuous evolution of the technology available to meet those needs.