We’re six days into 2019. Have you broken your new year’s resolution yet? It seems like all the popular New Year’s resolutions just end up leaving us hungry. Ditch the diets and choose a green resolution instead. Here are a few suggestions:
- Choose to purchase items with minimal packaging when possible. Plastic packaging is not recyclable in your blue bin.
- Keep all plastic bags out of your blue bin and instead, bring them back to the grocery store for proper recycling (check for the bin by the entrance).
- Visit AskHRGreen.org or talk to your local Master Gardener to learn earth friendly yard and gardening tips for every season.
- Always pick up after your dog – scoop the poop!
- Never put fats, oils, or grease down the sink. Drain fats and scrape food remnants from plates into the garbage before washing your plates or putting them in the dishwasher.
May 2019 be your greenest year yet!