- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
I Want To
Public Communications Department
|Phone: 757-382-6241||Fax: 757-382-8538||Email: email@example.com|
|Address: 306 Cedar Road, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
The Public Communications Department is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key publics, including citizens, businesses and employees in the exchange of information. Using a full compliment of public relations tools, the department keeps the residents of Chesapeake informed about the actions of the City government. Our mission is to ensure communication between the City and citizens. Equally important, the department seeks to increase citizen involvement and input into all areas of the City's operations. These goals are accomplished in many ways using various forms of mass communications tools and techniques.
Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact for media covering City government
- City Image
- Promoting the image of the City in the Hampton Roads region and beyond
- Developing and monitoring use of the Chesapeake brand
- Building a sense of community by actively communicating with Chesapeake neighborhoods
- Emergency and Crisis Communications
- Promote emergency preparedness in the community
- Responsible for City’s emergency communications plan
- Official source of City information during emergencies
- Survey of Citizens
- Coordinate scientific survey of Chesapeake residents
- Provide public perception data to City Council, City Manager’s Office, and City departments
Public Relations Tools:
- WCTV on the local cable TV system and online
- Provide live coverage of City Council and Planning Commission meetings
- Produce in-studio and on-location news, information, educational, cultural, public affairs, sports and human interest shows.
- "Make Your Voice Heard"
- "State of the City"
- City Fact Sheet
- Promotional flyers and advertisements