- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Economic Crime Unit
|Phone: 757-382-6251||Email: CPDCIS@CityofChesapeake.net|
|Address: 304 Albemarle Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
|Desk Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
The Economic Crime Unit of the Chesapeake Police Department investigates any and all complaints of white-collar crime within our city. These include, but are not limited to:
- Fraud - computer, bank, check, contract, etc.
- Forgery - any and all types
- Embezzlement - both corporate and private
- Credit Card - theft, manufacture, counterfeiting, illegal use, etc.
- Bad Check - all citizen or business complaints
- Counterfeiting - currency, checks, credit cards
- Construction Fraud - all complaints
The Economic Crime Unit further conducts all handwriting exemplars and conducts initial analysis of same. Additionally, the Economic Crime Unit assist personnel of the Chesapeake Police Department with technical advise on cases worked outside the Economic Crime Unit.