- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
New Volunteer Orientation on March 23, 2019 at 10 a.m.
Volunteer Application: Online Application
You love animals. But, you either can't have a pet at this time of your life or you are "at your limit." You want to do something to help animals. Yes, you make donations, but you want to get involved.
We have one word for you...VOLUNTEER!!!
How to become a volunteer:
1. Fill out the Online Volunteer Application.
2. Visit Central Records to complete your criminal background check (required for all City Volunteers).
3. Attend Volunteer Orientation, held at Chesapeake Animal Services.
CASU has an ongoing need for volunteers at our shelter. Our adoptions have risen steadily over the years. We believe that this is due to our wonderful volunteers. You can be a part of our volunteer family. You can:
- Become an
ADOPTIONCOUNSELOR at the shelter. We have beautiful animals for adoption. We have wonderful families looking for that special pet. Our adoption counselors guide our visitors through the shelter, explain the adoption procedure, answer questions, and guide adopters through the process. By helping to match the right pet with the right family, they make everyone happy and save a life. CASU even does off-site adoptions at places such as PetCo during their "Adopt-A-Thons".
- Become a KENNEL ASSISTANT helping to clean, feed and care for animals. Animals need enrichment, brushing, bathing, walks and treats. That extra TLC goes a long way!
- Become a CAT ADOPTION ASSISTANT helping to provide basic care, enrichment
andadoption counseling for our adoptable cats.
- Become a DOG WALKER to help increase pets' chances of adoption.
- Become a SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATOR helping to create eye-catching, clever and fun marketing materials used on our social media pages, flyers
andother promotional materials.
- Become a
FOSTERto socialize and nurture underage puppies and kittens, animals recovering from surgery or animals that just need a little break. Fosters do not need to attend general Volunteer Orientation prior to taking an animal into foster, but a background check is still required. If you are interested in becoming a foster--don't wait--contact us today!
Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Volunteers under 18 must have parent or guardian consent. All volunteers must pass a criminal history check. Training for volunteers is provided by CASU staff and senior volunteers. Join our volunteer family and make a difference in a homeless animal's life. If not you, then who????? Persons interested in attending Volunteer Orientation MUST complete their online application as well as their background prior to attending orientation. Background checks may be completed at the Central Records Unit at Police Headquarters.
Call 757-382-8080 or email email@example.com for more information.