- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
More ways to help!
You can help the animals at the Chesapeake Animal Services Unit in a number of ways. The City of Chesapeake allows us to maintain a donation account, so you can be assured your contributions will go directly to help our animals. You may help in several ways.
- Collect aluminum cans, foil, etc. and bring these to the shelter. We recycle these products for cash which is used for treatments, surgeries, vaccines and medicines for shelter animals.
- Donate items such as blankets, towels, toys, puppy and kitten food, treats, and newspapers. Bring these to the shelter at 2100 S. Military Highway.
- Cash donations are also accepted. Make your check payable to Chesapeake Animal Services and mail it to 2100 S. Military Highway, Chesapeake, VA 23323. Your donation may save the life of a homeless animal.
ON BEHALF OF THOSE WHO CANNOT SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES, Chesapeake Animal Services says THANKS TO ALL OF OUR LOYAL SUPPORTERS AND CONTRIBUTORS.