- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Planned Unit Development (PUD) Deviation
What is a Planned Unit Development Deviation?
A Planned Unit Development Deviation is required for relief from the terms of approved Planned Unit Development Criteria for properties located within a Planned Unit Development. Consideration for a deviation can be processed as part of a required preliminary site plan or subdivision plan review or as a separate request.
Preparation for Online Application Submittal
- Street Address of the Property or (Tax) Parcel Number
- Legal Description, Deed Book and Map Book if available
- Electronic Site Plan or Plat of the proposed development, drawn to scale, ready to upload as a PDF
- Acceptable Filing Fee payment method readily available (credit cards or eCheck/linked bank account)
After Online Application Submittal
- Pay Sign Fee when invoiced and Post Sign(s)
The Planning Department will supply these two Wednesdays prior to the Planning Commission Public Hearing, you will receive a call for pick-up. Sign fees are $25 for first sign and $20 for each additional sign
- Pay Advertising Fees when billed
The average advertising cost is $100 for the Planning Commission Public Hearing with a minimum of two (2) advertisements.