- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Planned Unit Development (PUD) Deviation
What is a Planned Unit Development Deviation?
A Planned Unit Development Deviation is required for relief from the terms of approved Planned Unit Development Criteria for properties located within a Planned Unit Development. Consideration for a deviation can be processed as part of a required preliminary site plan or subdivision plan review or as a separate request.
Application Deadline is 5 p.m. 4th Monday of the month. Planning Commission Public Hearing schedule
Deliver all Original Notarized Documents to the Planning Department by 5 p.m. on the filing deadline date.
Please read the Public Hearing Application Review Instructions prior to submitting an application.
Submit the following documents in eBUILD for a complete application:
Use this map website to look up information needed for applications.
All documents must be uploaded by the deadline in order to have a complete application considered for processing.
- Street Address of the Property or (Tax) Parcel Number
- Legal Description, Deed Book and Map Book if available
- Electronic Site Plan or Plat of the proposed development, drawn to scale, ready to upload as a PDF
- Special Power of Attorney, Print, Sign, Notarize, Scan, if applicable, ready to upload
- Statement of Ownership, Print, Sign, Notarize, & Scan, ready to upload. If an LLC/Corporation, an additional document on letterhead should list all members/officers, and be ready to upload
- Real Estate Tax Demonstration Form call or email Treasurer's Office, a signed form can be emailed, ready to upload
- Acceptable Filing Fee payment method readily available (credit cards or eCheck/linked bank account)
- Deliver Adjacent Property Owner List (from Real Estate Department) to the Planning Department
Once an application is advertised for public hearing:
- Pay Sign Fee when invoiced and Post Sign(s)
The Planning Department will supply these two Wednesdays prior to the Planning Commission Public Hearing, you will receive a call for pick-up. Sign fees are $39.20 each.
Deliver Envelopes to the Planning Department, 2nd floor of City Hall. Stamped #10 (4 1/8" x 9½") envelopes with the name and mailing address of each adjacent property owner printed legibly.
Pay Advertising Fees when billed The average advertising cost is $100 for the Planning Commission Public Hearing with a minimum of two (2) advertisements.