- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Preliminary Site Plan for Communication Towers (Small Cells)
What is a Preliminary Site Plan for a Communication Tower (Small Cells)?
A preliminary site plan is required for new construction and additions located on land zoned commercial (exceeding 50,000 cumulative square feet) or multi-family residential. This review ensures that the site plan conforms to all City Code development ordinances and standards.
Preparation for Online Application Submittal
- Street Address of the Property or (Tax) Parcel Number
- Legal Description, Deed Book and Map Book if available
- Electronic Preliminary Site Plan of the proposed development, drawn to scale, ready to upload as a PDF
- Photographs or accurate renderings, including correct colors and exact dimensions, of each type of proposed project
- A statement signed by a professional engineer licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia stating that the proposed facilities comply with all applicable Federal Communications Commission regulations, including, without limitation, regulations pertaining to the emission of radio frequency radiation
- Such additional information as the Planning Director may reasonably require in order to determine whether the requirements of this Section are met.
- Acceptable Filing Fee payment method readily available (credit cards or eCheck/linked bank account). The filing fee is $500.
Apply online using eBUILD and the Preliminary Site Plan for Communication Towers application. [What is eBUILD?]
** Information not automatically filled in by eBUILD can be found on this map website.**
After Online Application Submittal
- Deliver Adjacent Property Owner List (from Real Estate Department) and Envelopes to the Planning Department
Stamped #10 (4 1/8" x 9½") envelopes with the name and mailing address of each adjacent property owner printed legibly.
- Pay Sign Fee when invoiced and Post Sign(s)
The Planning Department will supply these, sign fees are $25 for first sign and $20 for each additional sign.
Please bring the required items from the list above to the 2nd floor of City Hall.