- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Preliminary Site Plan for Communication Towers (Small Cells)
What is a Preliminary Site Plan for a Communication Tower (Small Cells)?
A preliminary site plan is required for communication small cell facilities. These applications can be administratively reviewed, if eligible. This review ensures that the site plan conforms to all City Code development ordinances and standards.
Submit the following documents in eBUILD for a complete application:
Use this map website to look up information needed for applications.
All documents must be uploaded by the deadline in order to have a complete application considered for processing.
- Street Address of the Property or (Tax) Parcel Number
- Legal Description, Deed Book and Map Book if available
- Electronic Preliminary Site Plan of the proposed development to include any stipulations from the original use permit, drawn to scale, ready to upload as a PDF
- Photographs or accurate renderings, including correct colors and exact dimensions, of each type of proposed project
- A statement signed by a professional engineer licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia stating that the proposed facilities comply with all applicable Federal Communications Commission regulations, including, without limitation, regulations pertaining to the emission of radio frequency radiation
- Such additional information as the Planning Director may reasonably require in order to determine whether the requirements of this Section are met.
- Acceptable Filing Fee payment method readily available (credit cards or eCheck/linked bank account). The filing fee is $500.