- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Applications and Forms
Please be advised, the Planning Department will no longer be accepting paper applications after January 2, 2017.
Staff and computers will be available to assist customers with electronic applications using eBUILD.
*DUE TO CITY HALL'S CLOSURE TO THE PUBLIC, ALL APPLICATION RELATED FEES (APPLICATION, SIGNS, ADVERTISING, ETC) MUST BE PAID ONLINE*
- Agricultural Division & ResubdivisionThe division of property located wholly within an agricultural zoning district for bona fide agricultural use.
- Certificate of Appropriateness
- Chesapeake Bay Preservation Area (CBPA)
- Conditional Use Permit
- Historical/Cultural Interpretative Sign Application
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) Creation or Modification
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) Deviation
- Preliminary Site Plan
- Preliminary Subdivision
- 2035 Public Utilities Franchise Area ExpansionThe 2035 Public Utility Franchise Area Expansion application is required for the extension of public water and sewer within the 2035 Franchise Area to ensure the expansion is consistent with the 2035 Comprehensive Plan. Expansion of Public Utility Franchise Area beyond those areas designated on the 2035 Public Utility Franchise Area map will require an amendment to the Comprehensive Plan.
- Rezoning (Change of Zoning District)
- Special Exception
- Street Closure Petition
- Subdivision Variance
- Use Permit Application for an Excavation/Borrow Pit
- Use Permit Application for a Solid Waste Management Facility
- DeclarationThis form declares if members of Planning Commission or City Council have any special interests in the land which is the subject of the application. It also declares the application's accuracy and financial responsibility.
- Proffer StatementA written statement of conditions voluntarily offered by or with authorization of the owner of the property, as part of a conditional rezoning application which limits or qualifies how the property which is the subject of the application will be used or developed if rezoned as requested. (Ord. No. 96-O-072, 5-21-96)
- Special Power of AttorneyThis form identifies the those people given special power of attorney rights for the Rezoning or Use Permit application being submitted.
- Special Power of Attorney - Street ClosuresThis form identifies the those people given special power of attorney rights for the Street Closure application being submitted.
- Statement of OwnershipThis form identifies the names and last know addresses of all people and entities that may have ownership of the property that is the subject of the Rezoning or Use Permit application being submitted.
- Street Name Reservation Form
- Street Closure Petition FormOwner signatures and notary blanks included, this is not the entire Street Closure Application.
- Street Closure Petition Declaration Page
- Vacation of Property Lines
- Conditional Use Permit for Communication Tower
- Preliminary Site Plan for Communication Towers (Small Cells)