- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
City of Chesapeake Social Media Accounts Comment Policy
The purpose of all City of Chesapeake social media pages is to provide information to the public. The City of Chesapeake encourages comments and sharing of information related to the topics in posts. However, the City of Chesapeake’s social media pages
- Off topic from the associated post;
- Comments or content that promote, foster, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation;
- Spam, advertisements, and links to other Pages or websites, except for other City of Chesapeake social media pages and
whereencouraged by the City of Chesapeake;
- Promote illegal activity;
- Breach of copyright or trademark laws;
- Promote or oppose a political candidate, political organization or ballot initiative;
- Personal attacks against one or more named individuals;
- Personal, medical, or financial information that would jeopardize the safety or privacy of any person;
- Violent, obscene, profane, or racist comments or content;
- Repeated identical comments;
- Threaten any person or organization;
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
Multiple violations of the above Comment Policy may result in the offending user being banned from use of City's social media pages. To manage City staff resources (your tax dollars), comments and postings are periodically monitored during regular business hours. The City’s social media pages are not monitored for Virginia Freedom of Information Act requests. Requests to inspect or copy public records under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act must be made to the custodian of the records.
The comments expressed on the City of Chesapeake’s social media pages do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Chesapeake, Chesapeake City Council, or its officers and employees.
Please note that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms including City of Chesapeake Nextdoor monitors may remove comments that violate the Community Standards or Terms of Service.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the webmaster.