- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
City of Chesapeake Retiree Information Portal
OCTOBER 7 THROUGH OCTOBER 30!
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to enroll or make changes to your medical insurance, dental insurance and/or vision insurance. You may enroll and/or make changes to your current benefits by logging into your account in Employee Self Service (ESS), which can be accessed via the following link https://ess.cityofchesapeake.net. Information about 2020 benefits is posted on www.optimahealth.com/ches.
LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE
Starting September 16, 2019, eligible retirees are invited to enroll in the Commonwealth of Virginia Voluntary Group Long Term Care Insurance Program, administered by the Virginia Retirement System (VRS). VRS has contracted with Genworth Life Insurance Co. as the insurer for the program.
You are eligible to apply for coverage in the COV Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance Program if you are over age 18 and a:
- Deferred VRS member under age 75 who is vested (you have at least five years of service credit).
- Retiree under age 75 receiving a VRS-administered benefit.
- Family members may also apply for coverage if they are between the ages of 18 and 75 and undergo full medical underwriting. Eligible family members include:
- A spouse.
- Adult children.
- Parents, parents-in-law and step parents
- Grandparents, grandparents-in-law, step grandparents and step grandparents-in-law.
Under this program, coverage to help pay for long-term care may be more affordable than you think. It also offers a variety of coverage levels available to meet your individual needs and budgets.
Learn more at www.genworth.com/COV or call 866-859-6060.
Attend a live webinar about the benefits of long-term care insurance.
The 45-minute interactive sessions include time for Q and A.
Attend a meeting on October 9, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. or 3:00 p.m.
at the Central Library in the 1st Floor Meeting Room.