- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
|Phone: 757-382-8454||Fax: 757-382-8448||Email:
Address: 306 Cedar Road, City Hall 2nd Floor, Chesapeake, VA 23322
To report a possible violation, you can contact 757-382-CITY (2489)
or Request a City Service online at; https://chesapeake-csrprodcwi.motorolasolutions.com/ServiceRequest.mvc/SRIntake
Chesapeake Zoning Ordinance Section
§ 14-103. - Exceptions—Accessory uses and structures that are permitted in required yards.
Unless restricted by other state and city requirements, the following uses and structures shall be permitted in a required yard to the extent noted:
- C. Basketball goals in front yards. A basketball goal may be permitted in the front yard of a single-family residential structure, subject to the following conditions:
1. Only one front yard goal is permitted per residence.
2. The goal is set back at least fifteen (15) feet from the nearest street right-of-way line.
3. No basketball court may be constructed specifically for the basketball goal, though an otherwise permitted driveway may be utilized as a court.
Furthermore, basketball goals are not permitted to placed or stored in the City right-of-way road areas.