- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
I Want To
What is a Defect Bond?
The Defect bond is to provide the City Protection against any defects in workmanship, design and construction.
There are two (2) types of Defect Bonds:
- Street & Drainage
A Site Plan with a water meter installed by a contractor will require a Utility Defect Bond.
A Site Plan will require a Streets & Drainage Defect Bond only when:
- >3000 sq. yd. of pavement
- >5 public drainage structures
- >300‘ public storm drain facility
The Utility Defect Bond is required prior to scheduling the Final Utility Inspection (activation).
The Streets & Drainage Defect Bond is required prior to scheduling the Streets & Drainage Final Inspection.