- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Do I need a gas permit?
The below information covers many projects, but is not meant to be all inclusive. Some repairs may require permits and inspections depending on the extent of the repair. There may be situations when additional permits are required. If you have any questions, please call 757-382-6018.
|Install gas logs||x||x|
|Relocate gas logs||x|
|Replace gas logs||x|
|Install gas water heater||x||x||x|
|Relocate gas water heater||x||x|
|Replace gas water heater||x|
|Install gas oven/range (new)||x|
|Relocate gas oven/range||x|
|Install gas pack||x||x|
|Relocate gas pack||x|
|Replace gas pack||x|
|Install gas boiler (new)||x||x|
|Relocate gas boiler||x|
|Replace gas boiler||x|
|Install gas furnace (new)||x||x|
|Relocate gas furnace||x||x|
|Replace gas furnace||x|
|Install gas outdoor BBQ Pit/fire pit/gas light pole||x|
|Relocate gas outdoor BBQ Pit/fire pit/gas light pole||x|
|Install/relocate/replace LP Tank||x||x|
|Install/relocate/replace/repair gas line for gas meter||x|
|Repair leak in gas pipe or Red Tag by Fire Department||x|
Note: x = required permit
- Repair gas oven
- Replace gas oven or gas range (same for same)
- Repair gas water heater
- Replace gas water heater (same for same) – required a mechanical permit only
- Repair gas boiler
- Replace gas boiler (same for same) – a mechanical permit is required.
- Repair gas furnace
- Replace gas furnace (same for same) – a mechanical permit is required.