- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Online Permits Support
If you need assistance, please contact Permits Support at 757-382-6018 or email us: email@example.com.
Do I Need a Permit?
If you live in a community or subdivision, you must check with your Homeowners Association (HOA) to determine whether your home improvement project requires HOA approval. If required, HOA approval will need to be submitted with your permit request.
A permit is always required for any of the following work:
- Garage, Detached or Attached
- Shed or accessory buildings (regardless of size)
- In-ground or above-ground swimming pools or hot tub/spa
- Installing a prefabricated fireplace and gas logs
- Replacing gas or oil furnaces or appliances
- Installing a new electrical circuit, fixture or receptacle
- Relocating plumbing fixtures
- Relocating gas lines
The above information covers many projects, but is not meant to be all inclusive. Some repairs may require permits and inspections depending on the extent of the repair. There may be situations when additional permits are required.
If you have any questions, please call 757-382-6018 or 757-382-6890
Do I need permit(s) for:
Downloadable Homeowner's Guide to Permits