- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
Use and Occupancy Classifications
Use and Occupancy Classifications with examples:
- A1 – Theatres and concert halls.
- A2 – Restaurants, night clubs, banquet halls and bars.
- A3 – Gyms (without spectator seating), churches, bowling alleys and exhibition halls.
- A4 – Indoor arenas, skating rinks, swimming pools and tennis courts.
- A5 – Amusement parks, grandstands, stadiums and bleachers.
- B – Banks, professional offices, barber shops and beauty shops.
- E – Schools and day cares.
- F1 – Manufacturing, fabricating and assembling products of moderate hazard.
Example: Bakeries, cabinet shops, dry cleaning, food processing, laundries, printing or publishing, refuse incineration.
- F2 – Manufacturing or fabricating products of low-hazard.
Example: Ceramic products, brick or masonry, foundries, gypsum, ice.
- H1 – Detonation hazard.
- H2 – Deflagration or accelerated burning hazard.
- H3 – Readily support combustion or pose a physical threat.
- H4 – Health hazard
- H5 – Hazardous production materials
- I1 – More than 16 persons on a 24 hour basis.
Example: Assisted living, alcohol and drug centers, group homes, half-way houses, convalescent facilities.
- I2 – More than 5 persons not capable of self-preservation.
Example: Hospitals, nursing homes, mental hospitals, detoxification facilities.
- I3 – Correctional centers, detention centers, jail, prisons.
- I4 – Day Care Facilities for less than 24 hours for more then 5 persons.
Example: Adult-care facility and children facility.
- M – Drug store, department stores, markets, motor fuel-dispensing facilities, retail or wholesale stores, sales rooms
- R1 – Boarding houses, hotels, motels.
- R2 – Apartments, dormitories, vacation time shares.
- R3 – Child or adult care less than 6 persons, no more than 2 dwellings
- R4 – Care assisted occupancies with 6 to 16 occupants excluding staff.
- S1 – Moderate-hazard storage.
Example: Paper products, wood products, tobacco products, wax candles, bulk storage tires, dry boat storage, motor vehicle repair garages.
- S2 – Low-hazard storage.
Example: Metal products, aircraft hangar, parking garages, cement in bags, food products, dairy products, meats, mirrors, porcelain and pottery, frozen foods.
Utility and Miscellaneous:
- U – Sheds, storage tanks, towers, greenhouses, carports, retaining wall.
Contacts - for questions & further assistance
If you have any questions and want to further discuss the requirements,