- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Shell Permits and Vanilla Box Permits
A Building Plan can be submitted for any building that is intended to be divided later into tenant spaces. In order for a Sign Off to be issued for the Shell building, complete the following:
- The foundations, exterior walls, roof, rooftop HVAC units, house meter.
(The main meter servicing the building, exterior lights, parking lot lights, common areas such as hallways and stairwells)
- All Civil or Site Plan requirements, i.e., parking lot, entrance, landscaping, water meter, etc.
Electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits are normally required for the Shell Building. The applicant has options in phasing the construction to allow flexibility in building.
These permits as well as all site improvements listed above must be completed prior to any Certificate of Occupancy for any tenant space.
- Obtain Shell Permit only
- Obtain Vanilla Box Permits individually
- Obtain Tenant Build-Out separately
- A combination of all three as long as respective permits are obtained
Any questions regarding the intended design that proposes a combination of Shell, Vanilla Box or Tenant Build-Out can be addressed by contacting the Plans Examiner to determine whether a pre-design meeting is required.
Contacts – for questions & further assistance