- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Operating Budget for Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2011
Manager's Budget Messages
Overview (includes all of the pages below in one 19-page document)
Describes the budget process, the City's organization, long-range planning process, and budget and financial policies
- Overview - City of Chesapeake Organization
- Overview - City-Wide Organizational Chart
- Overview - How to Read the Operating Budget Document
- Overview - Operating Budget Process and Calendar
- Overview - Long Range Planning and the Operating Budget
- Chesapeake City Council Priorities (September 2010)
- Overview - Short Term Budget & Financial Policies Guiding The Development of the Operating Budget
- Overview - Policies Guiding Development of the Capital Budget
- Overview - Financial Structure
Revenue: Provides details on the revenue sources of the City.
Real Estate Recapitulation: Calculates the effective real estate tax rate adjusting for changes in assessed value
Operating Budget by Department
Governance and Management
Provides budget details for offices and departments of elected and appointed officials and on departments focused on internal municipal services (finance, human resources, etc.).
Quality of Community Life
Provides budget details for departments providing human, health, recreational, and knowledge services to citizens, including: Human Service Agencies, Health Department, Parks & Recreation, and Libraries.
Economic and Environmental Vitality
Provides budget details for departments focused on development of the local economy and on the physical infrastructure and environment of the community. This section includes: Economic Development, Planning, Development and Permits, Public Works, and Public Utilities.
Public Safety and Justice
Provides budget details for departments focused on safety and justice, including: Police, Fire, Sheriff, and Courts.
Provides a summary of Chesapeake Public Schools’ Operating Budget.
Capital Budget Summary
Provides an overview of the Capital Improvement Budget (CIB) and Five Year Capital Plan.
Provides a summary of the debt payments required of the City with identification of funding sources and debt management policies.