- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Property Information
Operating Budget for Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2012
Manager's Budget Messages
- City Manager's Message dated March 20, 2012
- City Manager's Message dated July 18, 2012
- Service Reductions - Impact Statement
Overview (includes all of the pages below in one 18-page document)
Describes the budget process, the City's organization, long-range planning process, and budget and financial policies
- Overview - City of Chesapeake Organization
- Overview - City-Wide Organizational Chart
- Overview - How to Read the Operating Budget Document
- Overview - Operating Budget Process and Calendar
- Overview - Long Range Planning and the Operating Budget
- Chesapeake City Council Priorities (September 2010)
- Overview - Short Term Budget & Financial Policies Guiding The Development of the Operating Budget
- Overview - Policies Guiding Development of the Capital Budget
- Overview - Financial Structure
- Graphs - "Where it is Coming From ... and Where it is Going ..."
- Resources and Requirements
- Displays the City budget revenues and expenses in summary
- Operating Budget Summaries
- Fund Balance Projection
- Displays the total Operating Budget by Fund, by Section and by Type of expense. Includes a display of the General Fund revenues and expenses.
- Provides details of the revenue sources of the City.
Operating Budget by Department
- Governance and Management
- Provides budget details for offices and departments of elected and appointed officials and on departments focused on internal municipal services (finance, human resources, etc.).
- Quality of Community Life
- Provides budget details for departments providing human, health, recreational, and knowledge services to citizens, including: Human Service Agencies, Health Department, Parks & Recreation, and Libraries.
- Economic and Environmental Vitality
- Provides budget details for departments focused on development of the local economy and on the physical infrastructure and environment of the community. This section includes: Economic Development, Planning, Development and Permits, Public Works, and Public Utilities.
- Public Safety and Justice
- Provides budget details for departments focused on safety and justice, including: Police, Fire, Sheriff, and Courts.
- Provides a summary of Chesapeake Public Schools’ Operating Budget.
- Debt Service
- Provides a summary of the debt payments required of the City with identification of funding sources and debt management policies.
- Provides a personnel summary