- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Existing Users: Login
Court Records - Officer of the Court Remote Access Site (OCRA)
- Secure Remote Access: The Clerk will provide a secure remote access system to selected court records. This system will allow the subscriber to access court records maintained by the Clerk in a digitized format. The records available on the secure remote access site are listed in Attachment A of the City of Chesapeake Clerk of Circuit Court Officer of the Court Remote Access Site Subscriber Agreement. The Clerk reserves the right to modify the available records from time to time.
- Application: A potential subscriber must complete the City of Chesapeake Clerk of Circuit Court Officer of the Court Remote Access Site Application. The applicant must complete and submit the application to the Clerk's office. At least one of the authorized users listed on the application shall submit the application to the Clerk's office.
- Submission of Fees: Applicants shall submit payment with their application by check made payable to Clerk of Circuit Court. Please reference Officer of the Court Remote Access (OCRA) in the reference line of the check.
- Submission of Signed Contract: All applicants shall submit the City of Chesapeake Clerk of Circuit Court Officer of the Court Remote Access Site Subscriber Agreement with the application and shall be signed by the applicant (authorized officer).
- Term of Agreement and Fees: The term of this agreement is one year. The annual fee is $200.00 (per authorized officer) and $25.00 (each additional authorized support staff user) per year and shall be paid in one (1) installment. The Clerk reserves the right to change the fees for providing access. Any change in fees will not affect any current subscribers during the term of the agreement. The new fees will be in effect for the next one year term.
- Approval of Application: The Clerk may approve or deny the application for secure remote access. Such approval is at the complete discretion of the Clerk. Applicants will be notified of the decision on their application, with successful applicants being provided with their usernames and passwords for access to the site. The Clerk will return the check for the annual fee along with notification of denial of the application for any applicant which is denied approval.
- Complete and submit a City of Chesapeake Clerk of Circuit Court Officer of the Court Remote Access Site Application
- Complete and submit the City of Chesapeake Clerk of Circuit Court Officer of the Court Remote Access Site Subscriber Agreement
- Submit a check payable to the Clerk of Circuit Court in the amount of $200.00 for the authorized officer and $25.00 for each additional authorized support staff user identified in the application.
- Provide a copy of a valid Virginia State Bar Card