- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Prohibited Items: Weapons & Contraband
The following is a list of items you CAN NOT bring into the court building.
This list is not exhaustive. All contraband will be confiscated.
Absolutely no weapons shall be brought into the courtroom.
- No Guns
- No Knives
- No Mace
- No Pepper spray
- No Weapons of any kind
Or anything that could be used as a weapon:
- No Glass
- No Glass containers
- No Liquids of any kind
- No Scissors
- Or anything deemed by security to be a possible threat
No Electronic Devices
No electronic devices are allowed in the courtroom. This includes:
- No Cameras
- No Cell phones
- No Radios
- No Recording devices
No Food, Drink, & Gum
To maintain cleanliness and decorum in the courtroom, no food, drink or gum shall be brought into the courtroom:
- No Fast Food
- No Packed lunches
- No Drinks (liquids of any kind)
- No Bottles or glass containers
Tools used for construction, working on cars or anything else are not allowed
- No Hammers
- No Wrenches
- No Screwdrivers
- Or anything that could be considered a tool
Personal Hygiene Products
Any personal hygiene products that could potentially pose a threat or be used as a weapon will be confiscated:
- No Scissors
- No Nail files
- No Nail clippers
- Or anything that could potentially be used as a weapon.
THIS LIST IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE.
ALL CONTRABAND WILL BE CONFISCATED