- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
|Phone: 757-382-3050||Fax: 757-382-3080|
|Address: 307 Albemarle Drive, Suite 400A, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
The Circuit Court of the City of Chesapeake is a Court of general jurisdiction served by five (5) judges. The Court hears criminal and civil cases including divorce cases. The Court also hears appeals from decisions of the General District and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts. In most cases, with the exception of divorce cases, any party is entitled to a jury trial upon notice to the other parties and upon the filing of the request in the Clerk’s Office, pursuant to the Rules of the Chesapeake Circuit Court.
- Court hours are 8:00 a.m. (9:00 a.m. Effective November 1, 2017) to 5:00 p.m. Circuit Court Clerk’s office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sentencing and Probation Violation hearings commence at 8:30 a.m. (9:00 a.m. Effective November 1, 2017) each day, excluding Wednesday.
- Criminal and Civil Trials commence at 10:00 a.m. (9:00 a.m. Effective November 1, 2017) each day, excluding Wednesday.
The following items will NOT be allowed inside the courts building.
All contraband items will be confiscated.
- Pepper spray
- Weapons of any kind
- Cell phones
- Glass containers
- Drinks (liquids of any kind)
- Hand cuff keys
- Tools of any kind
- Nail files
- Nail clippers
- Recording devices
- Any other item determined to be contraband or a security threat