- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
Camping and Cabins
Reservations are available online through ReserveAmerica.
If you have questions or need further information, please call Northwest River Park at
757-421-7151 during camp store hours.
Camp Store hours
(During camping season April-November 30):
Monday-Sunday: 10 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Camp Store hours (off season):
Monday-Sunday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1733 Indian Creek Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322
See our Campground Guide for more information, campground map, regulations and more.
We have 66 sites for family camping and six group sites for organizations. Facilities include hot showers, laundry, RV pump out, and fresh water. Maximum 6 people/site. Sites are limited to stays of no more than 14 consecutive days. Reservations for campsites start January 1 for the following camping season (normally April 1-November 30).
- $31/night for a non-electric site
- $36/night for an electric site
Enjoy a luxurious weekend of climate-controlled camping comfort. Two cabins are available for rent, by week or weekend. The cabins come complete with sink, microwave oven, refrigerator, rustic log furniture, queen-size bed, full-size sleeper futon sofa, and, of course, heating and air-conditioning. Pets are not permitted in cabins.
- $75 per night (plus applicable fees, additional fees may be required)
The Equestrian Area campground at Northwest River Park is limited to Friday and Saturday nights; Sundays on holiday weekends only. Facilities include restrooms and potable water.
Campsites are $21 per night for a maximum of: 1 trailer, 1 car/truck, 2 horses, 4 people.
- Refund requests for campers leaving early must either make the request by e-mail or in writing to the Parks Manager (ContactPRT@cityofchesapeake.net) requesting a refund and stating the reason why.
- Cancellation of rentals within two calendar days or less of reservation is not permitted (no refunds).
- Rescheduling of rentals within two calendar days or less of reservation is not permitted (no refunds).
- Rescheduled reservations are subject to availability (rescheduling fee may be charged).
- The first night's deposit is non-refundable, regardless of the reason for the request.
- Refunds are usually not granted for inclement weather. In cases of extreme inclement weather, any requests for partial credit must be submitted in writing to the Parks Manager (ContactPRT@cityofchesapeake.net) within 48 hours after the event.
For more information, call Northwest River Park at 757-421-7151