- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Sunrise to Sunset
Indian River Park
|Phone: 757-382-6411||Fax: 757-277-9365||Email: ContactPRT@cityofchesapeake.net|
|Address: 1709 Rokeby Avenue, Chesapeake, VA 23325|
urban-forest park is uniquely divided by Military Highway with parcels on both sides and is located between Paramont and Rokeby Avenues. It stretches south from Providence Road to the Virginia Beach city line. The park consists of large mature hardwood and pines and a small creek winds the entire length of the property. This park has space for a get-away when you don't have the time to get away!
NW side Park Amenities:
- Address: 1709 Rokeby Avenue
- Basketball Courts
- Picnic Shelters with grill
- Rokeby Senior Center
- Trails (walking, hiking or biking)
SW side Park Amenities:
- Address: 2003 Rokeby Avenue
- Bike Trail with changes in elevation for mountain bikers
- Rain Garden
- Trails, +/- 3.5 walking/hiking and ¼ mile of "Virginia Tree Trail" nature trail, with labeled tree species.
View the City's rentable facilities and park amenities: