- Visiting Chesapeake?
- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
Sunrise to Sunset
Elizabeth River Park
|Phone: 757-382-6411||Email: ContactPRT@cityofchesapeake.net|
|Address: 1400 Elizabeth River Way, Chesapeake, VA 23324|
CURRENT STATUS OF PARKS AND AMENITIES
Outdoor park amenities including all City Dog Parks, the Skate Park at Chesapeake City Park, all City Outdoor Courts, Park Restrooms and all City Playgrounds are closed until further notice.
Parks and trails remain open to unorganized recreation.
If you have questions or need further information, please call 757-382-6411 during office hours Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Elizabeth River Park, located on the Southern Branch of the
Elizabeth River, has one of the most active boat ramps in the Hampton
Boaters are able to enjoy easy access to the Elizabeth River.
Adjacent to the park is the scenic South Norfolk Jordan Bridge. This bridge is truly an engineering marvel, spanning the distance between Chesapeake and Portsmouth at a maximum height of 160 feet that allows for huge ships to pass under it. * Elizabeth River Park Fun Facts and Information
- Snack Shack building with Concessions and Bait and Tackle Supplies (see flyer for seasonal days and hours of operation), Restrooms and Covered Pavilion
- Paved Parking Lots Throughout
- Free Public Boat Ramp and Boat Trailer Parking With 24 Hour Access
- Cardio Fitness Area
- Crabbing/Fishing Pier (free, no fishing license required)
- Certified Fish Weigh Station
- Fish Cleaning Station with Water
- Multiple Rentable Shelters and Gazebos throughout the Park
- Improved Docking Facilities
- Additional Restroom Building near Playground
- Dog Park
- Large Gazebo with Stage With View of Waterfront
- Numerous Benches Along the Waterfront
- Scenic Paved Path Around the Park with ADA access
Links and Downloads:
- Elizabeth River Park - 2019 Summer Programs, Events and Information
- Elizabeth River Park Fun Facts
- Map to the Park
For more information on City's rentable facilities and park amenities: