- Visiting Chesapeake?
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- City Budget
- Deep Creek Lock Park – 300 Luray Street, Canoe put-in.
- Great Bridge Lock Park – 100 Locks Road, Boat Ramp with launch and retrieval sides, easy access to the southern branch of the Elizabeth River & large parking lot.
- Elizabeth River Park – 1400 Elizabeth River Way, Boat Ramp with launch and retrieval sides, easy access to the southern branch of the Elizabeth River (just North of Great Bridge) & large parking lot.
- Dismal Swamp Canal Trail – 1200 Dismal Swamp Canal Trail (1/2 mile North of the intersection of old Rt. #17 and Ballahack Rd), Single boat launch (launch or retrieval), easy access to the Army Corp of Engineers Campground & large parking lot.
NOTICE: Dismal Swamp Canal Boat/Kayak Launches CLOSED Indefinitely."NORFOLK, Va. - Officials at the Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have announced that the Dismal Swamp Canal will be CLOSED indefinitely.
The canal, which was closed due to extensive damage from Hurricane Matthew in October, requires dredging, debris and tree removal, and an investigation into reports of shoaling at various locations in the canal."