- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Property Information
The annual KayaXpedition, a kayaking and canoeing event, is back in Chesapeake this year! There's something for everyone including music, food trucks, kayaks and canoes. Bring your own kayak/canoe/SUP, or use one of our kayaks/canoes.
Paddle Your Way!
- Use One of Our Kayaks or Canoes* - 30 minute sessions - FREE. (On-site registration required, limited availability)
- Bring Your Own Kayak, Canoe or SUP (and PFD)* - FREE.
- No trailers allowed.
- Inflatable kayaks and SUPs are allowed; however, staff have the right to deny access if vessels are not rigid in design or are not properly inflated. Multi-layered construction of vessels is preferred.
*Age and Chaperone Requirements:
- All youth age 17 or younger must wear a personal flotation device (PFD) and be able to swim.
- Youth age 12-17 may paddle in a separate boat but must be accompanied by an adult chaperone in another boat. Required ratio of youth participants to adult chaperones will be one to one - one adult chaperone for each youth participant.
- Youth age 11 years or younger must paddle in the same boat with an adult.
Location: Oak Grove Lake Park